These proven natural home remedies will help you to get rid of acidity & heartburn. There are 7 more such powerful natural remedies for acid reflux at
Heartburn of any nature be it at your work place or in your domestic circles can be quite frustrating. But there is another kind of heartburn that can make your day (even night) miserable… that is acidity in the stomach.
Acidity or heartburn is a symptom of acid reflux disease. It is triggered when the digestive juices or acids are secreted in excess or are not utilized properly.
Among the leading factors that fester acidity are
• Spicy and oily foods
• Irregular eating habits
• Intake of caffeinated, carbonated, and alcoholic beverages
• Anxiety & stress
• Lack of exercise
• Excessive smoking
• Certain medications such as muscle relaxers, aspirin, etc.
Acidity leads to:
• Abdominal pain
• Heartburn and chest discomfort
• Nausea and vomiting
• Loss of appetite
• Sour taste in mouth
Unlike other digestive system ailments, acidity is easy to overcome with simple home remedies. Try them to believe them…
Home Remedy 1
Chew fresh basil leaves or have a cup of basil tea. To prepare basil tea
• Take a cup of water in a pan.
• Boil 3-5 basil leaves in it for 15 minutes.
• Drink it. You can sweeten it with honey, but do not add milk.
Home Remedy 2
• Take a cup of water.
• Mix half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
• Boil the solution.
• Drinking cinnamon tea helps dispel gas.
Home Remedy 3
When dealing with stomach ache due to acidity:
• Take half to 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
• Add water and grind the seeds to make a paste.
• Mix this paste in a glass of buttermilk.
• Drink it.
• Do not drink water during or immediately after a meal.
• Chew a clove after meals.
• Chilled milk, plain yogurt and ice cream are also good for relieving digestive disorders.